2CBC Questions-- April

published on

April and May are crazy times for us teachers and Kelly's life is no exception. I am stepping in to help her with book club this month as I was blessed with spring break a couple of weeks ago which allowed me to dig into this month's read. I hope you have enjoyed reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn-- I know I have been completely sucked in and I'm loving it! 

1. Did you like the book? Was it what you were hoping for or expecting? Why or why not?
2. This book portrayed a poor family's life. Do you think their experience was really unique to their socioeconomic status or is theirs' simply a story of human existence?
3. Although Francie is not the narrator, the story is told primarily from her point of view. How do you think the story would have differed if it had been told from another character's point of view?
4. In the same way, Francie has a mistaken innocence about various aspects of life. How does this affect your perception of her has a character?
5. The tree mentioned in the title is a Tree of Heaven which is considered invasive and is very prevalent in the vacant lots of New York City. How does this metaphor exist throughout the book and what does it mean for the characters?

Please come back on Saturday to share your answers. I will actually have a way to link-up this time so, hopefully, we can make our discussion a little easier to share with each other!
RELATED POSTS
KellyE said...

You are the greatest! Thank you so much!

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer