27||My "Christmas Is Coming" List

published on

What's on your wish list? Be sure to include links so we can shop too.

In the last couple of years, I have really worked to value people and experiences over things, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a new pretty every once in awhile. Since Christmas is coming (My mom says Christmas is coming any time post-July 1... It's a long wait at our house.), what better time than to give a couple of suggestions for the upcoming months!



(via)

I have a rocky relationship with meat and will only eat it well done. No pink for this girl, thankyouverymuch. e. Coli is my enemy. I don't know why I haven't bought a meat thermometer before now, but the time has come. This particular thermometer is extra appealing because it can double as a candy and deep frying thermometer-- multifunctionality is always a selling point for me! I feel like I should lead off my Christmas list with something more exciting than a meat thermometer, but well-cooked meat is worth it!


(via)
I realize that I am probably the last English teacher on the face of the earth to have not read this book, especially considering my proclamation of love of its prequel, To Kill a Mockingbird. However, the book released two days after my return to Thailand this summer and when I mentioned it as a potential Christmas gift, my mom took the bait, so I'm hoping hard for this one. I don't care what they say about Atticus... I am looking forward to reading this book regardless.


1/2/3
Although I am not much of an accessory girl, I do enjoy earrings and watches. I find myself wearing a watch quite often, even if I end up putting it on and taking it off multiple times throughout the day. I have one watch right now that is coming to see its better days, so I am looking for some supplemental options. I love the fun pattern of the first watch plus its makers, Modest Gold, have a fun store with a great mission. The mixed media of the second watch is very attractive to me and the leather/gold combination makes it a very versatile piece. Finally, I love the mystery of the dark wooden watch and I love that it is made of bamboo! The detail on the watch face is unique and the piece as a whole would be easy to dress up or dress down! Plus, it's an Etsy product and I enjoy supporting small businesses whenever I am able.
(via)
Because I am an earring girl, I included these beauties. I am bummed they are currently sold out on the Nordstrom website, but I am hoping they become available again soon. I love the muted gold and the simple design. I have quite a few pairs of earrings but my studs selection is lacking and these would be a beautifully basic addition to my collection.
(via)
And to continue with the basic stud collection, I included these lovelies. I bought the Target knockoffs this summer and have come to enjoy them more than I ever expected and wear them more often than I thought I would. I am afraid that each day I wear them will be the day be ears rebel and reject them, so I would love to add a higher quality Nordstrom pair in silver to my collection.

Bonus: Cash. I know it's not kosher to wish for money, but I am working hard to pay down my debt. Any extra cash sent my way will be spent on eliminating my pesky month loan payments. I am so over giving those lenders money each month. Here's to getting them off of my back in the next two years!



Brave Love Blog
RELATED POSTS
Lizelle said...

Read Go Set A Watchman and LOVED it! To the point of writing a review on my blog. Can't wait to hear how you feel about it once you read it :)

Katie {Always, Katie} said...

Those watches are really neat! I love the look of a watch, but I almost never make it through a whole day with one on... and come to think of it, I'm always rolling up my sleeves. I must have a thing about stuff around my wrists. :-)

Unknown said...

Those watches on your wish list are pretty. I have a watch on my wish list.

Unknown said...

For the longest time I wouldn't wear yellow gold, only white gold or silver. But lately I've been slowly getting into gold and those gold studs have me SOLD. So darling!!

KellyE said...

Aha! I had a hunch you'd love those Target earrings. :) I'm so glad we found them.

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer