22||Get Creative

published on


Get creative! Sketch, paint, dance, play music, whatever then give us a glimpse.

I have been working really hard to get the hang of crocheting. I picked up knitting quite easily about ten years ago but crocheting has continued to elude me, much to my frustration. However, since settling back into the routine of the school year, I have successfully crocheted six washcloths and am working on my seventh and eighth.

I really have no good reason for learning to crochet other than it really bothered me that I could knit but I could not crochet. I took up knitting because my grandma told me I have nervous hands (I fidget at all times and it annoys her) and suggested I do something to keep them busy. Our pastor's wife at the time was an outstanding knitter and, while I am 95% self-taught, she helped me figure out some of the finer details. Crocheting has been entirely more frustrating and tedious. I managed to graduate high school, finish two college degrees, maintain full-time employment for four years, and move halfway around the world before I learned to crochet. Thus, my washcloths may not look like much, but I am pretty pleased with how they turned out! Some of the washcloths have little details that I need to finish, but I need to pick up more yarn in the States, or find matching stuff in Thailand, before I can finish them.

Also, this picture is horrible, but it's the best I have right now.
The small blue and red triangles on the left will be turned into scrubbies once I get a yarn needle.


I also have grand plans to crochet a baby blanket which will be another task accomplished on the 30/30 list! Earlier last year, I told myself no more knitting until I learned to crochet. All of my knitting things are back in the States, but as soon as I'm back home next, I'm looking forward to share the spoils of my crocheting victory and then promptly busting out the knitting needles once more. I miss the click and the comfort of my first yarn art love! I also really miss my knitting basket. It's a basket from Mexico with a gorgeous pattern and I am irrationally attached to it. Clearly.

Don't worry, I still don't own any cats. I have many books and much yarn, but the cats are still postponed for the indefinite future.


Brave Love Blog
RELATED POSTS
Donna said...

Crocheted dishcloths are my favourite! I keep telling myself that someday I'll learn how to make them but until that happens I'll just have to rely on my mom to make them!

KellyE said...

Look at you! Dare I say you're a better crocheter than I am?

Elena Alice said...

Awesome work!! I wish I knew to knit or crochet!! I am hoping to get back into sewing once life settles down a bit!

Stefanie Galvin said...

I wish I could crochet - it's one of those things I've tried and never been able to get a hand of, so I have a lot of admiration for people who can do it! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!


Stef
the Noveltea Corner

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer