Five Friday Things: Getaway, Planning, Olympics, #TeamLuke, and Relaxing

published on

One. I finish my district's new teacher orientation yesterday and today I am off for a quick, but relaxing, overnight in Medora. We have been going every year since third grade and while much has changed in the twenty years (eeek... Seriously?!) we have been going, a certain charm continues to pervade the little cowboy town.

Two. I have three preps for this year and, for the first time in my life, I actually have a curriculum laid out for the entire year! I know things won't go exactly how I have them laid out but it feels good to have that big picture ready to go for the school year.

Three. I know I am far from alone in this, but my evenings have been spent watching the Olympics. Of course, I cheer for Team USA first, but Poland and Thailand are my backups. I have yet to see any Thai competition televised, but I'm pulling for them all the same!

Four. When I'm not watching the Olympics, I have been completely sucked into Gilmore Girls. I just started the third season and am way too emotionally involved. I am #TeamLuke and #TeamDean although I know that Dean is coming to an end soon. Sad day. I am also sure Kelly loves all of ridiculous text messages with my reactions and opinions.

Five. I am relishing this calm before the storm. This is the longest summer break I have had in a couple of years and, honestly, I wish it wouldn't end. But I am ready for consistent paychecks and a bit more routine than I have had as of late, so back to school we go! Next week. Still one more week of vacation.


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG



RELATED POSTS
KellyE said...

I really DO love the ridiculous texts!

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer