Boot Camp... Not Army Style

published on

I am still just so excited to see what 2014 will bring. And it's a bonus that I haven't even gone back to work yet. Tomorrow is the day, but still... I've tried to make the most of my vacation and I certainly am more relaxed now that I was a couple of weeks ago. School starts again tomorrow, though, and for once, I'm feeling refreshed and kinda ready to go back. I figure from here on out, we are always one day closer to summer vacation... Woo hoo!

Anyhow, today I am really late on the link-up over at Happy Is a Choice but it's all about getting fit, feeling confident, and being healthy.

I've made it quite clear that my goal this year is to run a marathon.

Tonight my mom and I joined a boot camp at the local MMA gym. I'm all over the place on how to track progress with my fitness endeavors this year, but I do know that I want to get fit and stay fit. The easiest part of getting in shape is staying in shape. I don't want to be a yo-yo dieter and I don't want to be a yo-yo athlete either.

I'd like this year to be the year I make permanent changes that I maintain throughout my life. Tonight I started by joining an MMA gym. Yeah, I didn't see it coming either. But it actually was pretty fun. I'm not planning on taking up fighting any time soon... Or like ever... That's just not my gig.


Fit + Fab
RELATED POSTS
Hope M. said...

Visiting from the Be Fit link-up. How fun to start at the MMA gym! I've always been interested but intimidated by that type of workout, please let us know how it goes!

KellyE said...

You go girl!

Samantha said...

Those are awesome goals! I would love to run a marathon someday. I hope you link-up with us again tomorrow so we can hear how you're doing!!

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer