7|| Books... Books... Books!

published on

What's on your current reading list? Or what have you read that you recommend?

For most of my life, I have been a bookworm. I went through a slight spell as an adolescent where I quit reading, but I now consider those some of my most ignorant years. I'm only half kidding there. #Teenageangst I never really intended to major in English, but I didn't mind having an excuse kick back and read literature for homework. I definitely read some of it more closely than other literature, but I suppose that's to be expected. I am also a person who has more than one book started at any point in time. I'm actively reading four books for pleasure and then my thesis and teaching material. It's not that I don't find my thesis and teaching material pleasureable, I just don't find it as pleasureable as much as my other reading. 

So what am I currently reading? I have five books I'm working on. Let's see here...

Through my Kindle app, I am reading Beth Moore's 


(via)

I find Beth Moore to be an easy to read, yet very wise author. I have already pulled out at least two pieces of thought that I know are going to stay with me for a long while and I'm only 32 pages into a 282 page book!

Through my library's Overdrive app, I am reading Jonathan Safran Foer's


(via)

I started this book about a year ago and the writing style makes it a tough read for me. I'm definitely going to finish it, though, because I find Oskar's thought process and verbalizations very intriguing... Even if it does make for a tough read.

I am also reading Dorothea Benton Frank's


(via)

This was a random read I just pulled off of the library database, but it has me pulled in very early. It's different from the steady diet of YAL I have been reading as of late, so I'm enjoying it if for no other reason than that. 

The last of my online library books is Alice Sebold's


(via)

I haven't started this one yet but it's up on my queue so I'm hoping to get going by the end of the week! I have already seen the movie and it made me sick to my stomach for so many reasons. I'm looking forward to reading the book and revisiting the story line in that way.

Bringing up the rear of my current reading load is Tsh Oxenreider's 


(via)

I feel like I no longer have any excuse to live like a college student, so I'm doing my best to set up a real adult household... Even if I am just faking it until I make it.

Clearly I could talk books for many an hour. The English teacher in me is never satisfied... I always think the world needs more books. I don't think I could ever declare five (or even ten!) must-read books, but if I did have to give just five titles to read, I would recommend the following:

                         1. Crazy Love. Francis Chan.
                         2. To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee.
                         3. Just Do Something. Kevin DeYoung.
                         4. The Harry Potter Series. J.K. Rowling.
                         5. Mere Christianity. C.S. Lewis.

I am just over a third done of my 100 books before 30 goal and I also have my book board on Pinterest

I have come to accept that I will never get everything read that I want to, but that doesn't mean I won't try!
Brave Love Blog

RELATED POSTS
KellyE said...

LOVE this. I'm going to steal some of your books, kay?

Aubrey said...

Deal!

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer