Thursday PSYCH!

published on


I'm blaming my inability to keep track of time this week on the fact that this is our last week of school before Christmas break. I woke up this morning and thought that today was Friday. Too bad today is only Thursday... PSYCH! Wishful thinking? Yes. But also a darn confused inner clock.

I can't believe that at this time next week, we will have already celebrated Christmas Day!

One of my students has already started a countdown to the last day of school and I'm totally okay with that. (Plus, she's a senior, so I figure she's more justified in making just a bulletin board.) Like usual, that number seems to big but so small at the same time.

I've had a really hard time focusing on just Christmas this year. I moved into Christmas mood in early November, did all of my Christmas shopping, moved into basketball mode, and am now transitioning into 2014. It doesn't help that Pinterest has already switched over to Valentine's Day and will probably be featuring the Fourth of July by Easter!

I feel like I should be more sad that I've already mentally moved past Christmas. Don't get me wrong... I am very much looking forward to the couple of days off from everything and I am certainly looking forward to the time I get to spend with my family- but I am okay with the fact I don't have as much anticipation as I usually do.

Truth be told, 2014 is going to bring some big changes for me- some of which I know right now and some of which I am yet to anticipate- and I am looking forward to the fresh start. Not everything is going to happen on January 1 and I don't wouldn't want it that way. But still, I'm looking ahead to what will come as well as what may come in the New Year.

And I feel like Christmas is simply a blessed bonus in the in-between. :)


RELATED POSTS

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer