30 Before 30, v. 26.0

published on

This morning, I published my "30 Before 30" list. I'm one fifth into this little journey of randomness and ricidulousness, so I figured I was due for an update. This has been a fun little project so far... I'm excited to see what I get done this next year as well!
  1. Finish my Master's degree. Currently in my first of four remaining semesters!
  2. Knock out Baby Steps 2 & 3. Still working on Baby Step 2.
  3. Visit at least 15 states. (0/15)
  4. Serve at a soup kitchen in each of those visited states.
  5. Take an international vacation... alone.
  6. Coach in a state basketball tournament.
  7. Buy a nice camera to document life's adventures. I've done my research and am looking to pull the trigger in the next month or two.
  8. Read and notate through the Bible five different times, in four translations (NIV, NKJV, ESV, NASB). (0/5)
  9. Run a marathon. I'm aiming for this year!
  10. Hit my goal weight (160 pounds... Dream weight is 145 pounds). I'm making a much more concentrated effort on this one but it's coming along much more slowly than I'd like... Womp womp.)
  11. Do something really nice for somebody... something I never thought I'd be able to do... somewhere, at sometime.
  12. Send out snail mail Christmas cards one year. I just changed this goal to something I could look forward to more. It's my list and I'll change it if I want to.
  13. Read 100 new (never before read) books. 1Fat Angie2Single Infertile Female: Adventures in Life, Love, and Infertility3Sparkly Green Earrings: Catching the Light at Every Turn4The Help5Monster6The Book Thief.7Eat, Pray, Love8Same Kind of Different as Me9Winning Balance.10Thirteen Reasons Why11Zack's Lie. 12Water for Elephants. 13The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. 14The Girl Who Played With Fire. 15The Language of Flowers. 16The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. 17Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. 18Jack's Run. 19Gone Girl. 20My Sister's Voice. 21The Heavy: A Mother, A Daughter, A Diet-- A Memoir. 22Divergent. 23The Fault in Our Stars. 24Inferno.
  14. Try at least 30 new recipes. (0/30)
  15. Write 500 notes of encouragement to those around me. (0/500)
  16. Go skydiving.
  17. Crochet a baby afghan. I've started something like 10 patterns but I can't find one I like. So I look for lucky #11, I guess.
  18. Have a photo shoot done of myself... Insecurities set aside.
  19. Go on another missions trip.
  20. Complete a semester of calculus.
  21. Earn my permit to carry a concealed weapon.
  22. Sleep a night under the stars.
  23. Get three stamps in my passport. (1/3)
  24. Make a kite and fly it.
  25. Achieve complete financial independence.
  26. Take a dance class.
  27. Tear a phone book in half.
  28. Solve a Rubik's cube.
  29. Learn to swim.
  30. Visit New York City... Perhaps for a 30th birthday celebration?
Start date: February 15, 2013
End date: February 15, 2018
RELATED POSTS

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer