26|| Growing Up Is Hard to Do

published on

PS- I am still planning to finish up "The Blog-tember Challenge" even though I have missed the deadline by a long shot. Don't judge... It will be fun to finally finish! 

How have you changed in the past year?

I have grown up a lot in the last year.

I suppose it's probably not the best admission-- to be 26 (almost 27) and growing up, but I have never really been one to do things as expected.

I look back to this time of the year last year and I was teaching full time, coaching two teams, going to grad school, and realizing that some people were not as I expected them to be. At this time last year, I realized how alone I really was on my current path in life and I didn't like the direction I was headed or the person I was becoming.

I made many different decisions last year. Some choices were definitely better than others, but I own up to every last thing I did. I tried some things outside of my comfort zone, I allowed myself to enjoy experiences I would have usually avoided, and I worked to live in the moment.

Now I am half a country and an entire ocean away from where I was last year. I still don't have life figured out, but I am more comfortable with the direction I am moving. I am still far from where I want to be or the person I want to become, but I am learning how to find a balance in life. I am still teaching full time and going to grad school, but I have taken a year off from coaching because I knew it would be healthy for me. I miss coaching so much, but I have pushed myself out of my comfort zone and refused to deny an opportunity placed before me. I am learning how to continually prioritize people over things and let work take the back seat. I am also learning how weak of a teacher I am and how much more growth I have to achieve in the classroom.

My honest prayer is that I will never again become complacent with where I am in life and that I will always push myself to grow and to change. I remember sitting on the school bus at 23, looking out at the night sky, and being so grateful that I had landed my dream job so early in life. I loved those years and my experiences, but I am grateful that God has pulled me out to something new. I hope that at this time next year, I am again in a completely different place than I am now because that means I have continued to become the best person I can be.

The Lord made me for his glory. May I always strive to meet my potential as He created me to be.


Brave Love Blog

RELATED POSTS

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer