January Goals

published on

Instead of making resolutions for the entirety of 2015, I have decided to instead start making monthly goals. I have never been very good about following through on my resolutions and as I have watched a couple of my favorite bloggers (namely Erin and Shay) practice making monthly goals, I have decided to join in on the practice too. 

I'm already scared just looking at the first five months of 2015, but bring. it. on. By the end of May, I will have finished my first year teaching at a new job, written my thesis and prepared for its defense, applied for graduate school (again!), and paid down 15% of my total remaining debt.

Here we go, 2015. Let's get this show on the road!

1. Update my Franklin every day. I have been so unproductive in my days because I haven't been listing and prioritizing my to-do list each day. #Nerdbomb #Colorcodedtoo

2. Implement a revised budget. I fell off the budget bandwagon when I moved last year and that needs to stop. I have been living in Thailand long enough that I have a decent understanding of what I need to do with my finances. Now I need to make it happen.

3. Clean and organize my email accounts for fifteen minutes each day. I have three different inboxes and now is the time to get them back to a manageable status. I never understood what people meant when they were "behind on email," but boy do I understand it now! My plan is to knock out my work email first, my personal email second, and my school email last.

4. Complete 50% of my thesis bibliography. I have almost officially hit panic mode. I have about two and a half months to write a thesis. I need to get a TON of reading done this month. Since my Works Cited page must include at least 40 resources, I will need to have read, notated, and filed at least 20 different resources this month. I also have to submit my thesis proposal and my topic proposal, but I get no choice in those matters. January is going to be very grad school heavy.

5. Finish 1/3 of my 3/30/90 workout goal. In the midst of everything else to do in the month, I need to remember to take care of myself. I saw this pin the other day and found myself very attracted to it. I'm committing to a better lifestyle practice and trusting the results will come. It's reasonable, it's attainable, and it's now mine.

Here we go, 2015. Meet you at the end!

RELATED POSTS
KellyE said...

I love the new header! I love the fresh, simple look.

Unknown said...

It's all about organization! These are great goals.

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer