16|| Now You All Can Know

published on

"Most people don't know this but..."

... I really don't like cake. I think it's too much chewing for too little flavor. I much prefer pie and brownies for those very reasons.

... my pinky fingers are obnoxiously short on both hands. Each pinky reaches just the second knuckle on the ring finger of each hand.

... when I was little, my mom had me convinced I couldn't go to kindergarten unless I learned how to tie my shoes. A Saturday afternoon at McDonald's with grandpa helped solve that one. To this day, I don't tie my shoes the "normal" way and the only laced shoes I own are for workout purposes.

... when I was little, my dad told me that eating too much burnt popcorn would give me a bellyache. Now I know he didn't want me to eat too much so he could eat the rest of it. #Yooooouuusneakydad!

... when I worked with the youth group during one of my college summers at home, I convinced a couple of the boys that I was third in line for the role of Christine. I had to decline the second understudy role, though, because I couldn't miss that much school. #Asif 

... I also convinced one of my high school classes that Canada had bought the internet. That one didn't last too long, though. Clearly I learned my devious ways at a young age from my parents.

... I thought my parents were going to die of old age when they turned 40. I had an elaborate plan to move my siblings and I to my grandma's house 3 hours away. I had money set aside for bus tickets and notes written to our teachers explaining what was going on. It never dawned on me that my grandma was older than my parents. I was a proactive, albeit neurotic, third grader.

... I really love fresh cut flowers. Orchids and tulips are my favorites. I also love begonias and mums.

... I still cannot keep track of which is the independent and which is the dependent variable. A psychology minor and two years of graduate school still haven't solved the matter for me.

... I'm pretty sure I saw Bill Murray at the BTS station a couple of weeks ago. I didn't stop to ask because I wasn't 100% sure at the time. Now I am really wishing I would have.

Brave Love Blog

RELATED POSTS

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer