30 Before 30, v.27.0

published on

I am a full two years into this journey and I find it crazy to see how life has happened in the last six months. I definitely feel older with this 27th birthday, but I also feel the same as I always have been. Bring it on 27... I'm ready and waiting.
  1. Finish my Master's degree. I have my thesis proposal defense scheduled for Friday and have been given June 19 as my date of final completion!
  2. Knock out Baby Steps 2 & 3. I am struggling. Sadface.
  3. Complete the C25K program.
  4. Build my blog to 100 followers.
  5. Take an international vacation... alone.
  6. Coach in a state basketball tournament.
  7. Buy a nice camera to document life's adventures. I need to figure out how to use my camera and then document this post!
  8. Read and notate through the Bible five different times, in four translations (NIV, NKJV, ESV, NASB).
  9. Run a marathon.
  10. Hit my goal weight (160 pounds... Dream weight is 145 pounds).
  11. Do something really nice for somebody... something I never thought I'd be able to do... somewhere, at sometime.  Something has been done and I'm leaving it at that.
  12. Send out snail mail Christmas cards one year.
  13. Read 100 new (never before read) books. 1Fat Angie2Single Infertile Female: Adventures in Life, Love, and Infertility3Sparkly Green Earrings: Catching the Light at Every Turn4The Help5Monster6The Book Thief.7Eat, Pray, Love8Same Kind of Different as Me9Winning Balance.10Thirteen Reasons Why11Zack's Lie. 12Water for Elephants. 13The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. 14The Girl Who Played With Fire. 15The Language of Flowers. 16The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. 17Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. 18Jack's Run. 19Gone Girl. 20My Sister's Voice. 21The Heavy: A Mother, A Daughter, A Diet-- A Memoir. 22Divergent. 23The Fault in Our Stars. 24Inferno25The Time Keeper26Arranged27The Anti-Prom28The Boyfriend App29Going Vintage30Deception Point31The Tyrant's Daughter32Hollow City33And the Mountains Echoed34Unbroken35Calico Joe. 36Insurgent37The Memory Keeper's Daughter: A Novel38Allegiant. 39Looking for Alaska. 40The Hurricane Sisters: A Novel41An Abundance of Katherines. 42The Lovely Bones. 43If I Stay. 44Where She Went. 44Paper Towns. 45Night. 46Will Grayson, Will Grayson (46/100)
  14. Try at least 30 new recipes. 1Knoephla Soup. 2Parkerhouse Rolls. 3Broccoli Salad. 4Caramel Rolls. 5Jello Salad. 6Garlic and Parmesan Brussels Sprouts. (6/30) Bad blogger alert. I hosted a large dinner party last fall and never blogged about the evening or my recipes. This will happen, though!
  15. Write 500 notes of encouragement to those around me. (5/500)
  16. Go skydiving.
  17. Crochet a baby afghan.
  18. Have a photo shoot done of myself... Insecurities set aside.
  19. Go on another missions trip. This one may be in the works. Details are being worked out right now.
  20. Complete a semester of calculus.
  21. Earn my permit to carry a concealed weapon.
  22. Sleep a night under the stars.
  23. Get three stamps in my passport. (1/3) I have two international weekends booked in the upcoming two months!
  24. Make a kite and fly it.
  25. Achieve complete financial independence. Although I am currently struggling pretty hard with #2, I can see that I am slowly but surely moving to total financial independence.
  26. Take a dance class.
  27. Tear a phone book in half.
  28. Solve a Rubik's cube.
  29. Learn to swim.
  30. Visit New York City... Perhaps for a 30th birthday celebration?
RELATED POSTS

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer