Five Friday Things: Clothes, Facebook, Email, Simplicity, and Plans

published on

One. I love Pinterest and the ability to build my virtual closet at no actual cost to myself. Too bad I spend most of my time pinning outfits that are just not practical for Bangkok. If I lived in northern Thailand, I would be able to get away with some of these outfits. But, alas, I live in the tropic megalopolis, so all cozy outfits will have to remain on Pinterest. I'm currently loving this outfit...


These riding boots in black...




This necklace...


This bag... 



This versatile top... 



Two. Earlier this week, my Facebook notifications were up to something like 50+ after just three days of not logging in and I couldn't handle it. I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook as it is, but then seeing that made me want to run from the corner and not come out until all was back to normal. I finally put on my big girl pants and dealt with it but uffda.


Three. Along with my Facebook being out of control, my emails are currently out of control. I am working on switching over from Hotmail to Gmail (I know, shun me), but even within Gmail, my inboxes are insane. Part of getting a grip on life again is getting my inboxes under control. Yesterday, I was able to get my graduate school account under control. I am going to conquer my work email next. My personal email will just have to wait and continue to haunt me for the time being.


Four. I haven't been homesick per se as of late, but I have really been missing the simplicity of North Dakota. I daydream about driving my own car, about quickly running to the grocery store after work, about leisurely strolling around outside and not breaking into a fierce sweat. Yesterday I went to Home Pro, a glorified home improvement store, and found myself wishing I could go to Menard's and shop around for a project. Like I said, I'm not really homesick, but I am missing a more simple way of life.


Five. I am off to the beach this weekend! I'm also looking at tickets to Singapore and seeing how I really don't have many more free weekends until June! I can't believe how the spring has filled up already but I'm looking forward to everything to come!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG




RELATED POSTS

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer