For What It's Worth.

published on

Do not settle.

I have come to realize that I am allowing myself to become content to settle. I'm talking about settling for some predetermined  something or the other, simply because that's what you thought life should be. Relationships, jobs, body image, whatever. I have allowed mysef to become complacent with settling.

I cannot conform myself to somebody else's ideals or thoughts because that is what I have come to expect. Be ready for change. Embrace a change of perspective. Bloom where you are planted but be ready to do and say and go. 


I graduated high school with a very specific of what life was going to look like for myself. I started college with that a mindset to fulfill those expectations and I "did" college with those goals in mind. But when the goal changed, I still tried to shove my preconceived notions into the new mold. I was willing to settle because I wanted to be safe. 


I now spend my days working to live up to my potential because I want as much as I can get out of life. I am finally not letting myself settle and it has made life all that much sweeter. I am breaking my own expectations.

So much life. So many days. None are guaranteed.

I cannot be willing to settle.
RELATED POSTS

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer