Well Hello There, Jet Lag!

published on

After my nonchalant comment yesterday about jet lag not being so bad, I promptly woke up at 3:45 this morning and knew I was up for the day. I woke up with a little bit of a headache that I thought was due to dehydration, but it kept getting worse after drinking quite a bit of water, so I laid back down about 7:30 and napped for an hour. All that said, though, it's barely after 6 p.m. and I feel like it's about midnight. I'm ready to shower and be done for the day, but if I go to bed now, I will probably wake at 2:30 a.m. or something crazy like that.

Besides my little headache episode and just generally feeling a step or two behind (I was on my third or fourth meal by lunch time... I'm being a hobbit today), I had a fairly productive day. I went and took care of about half of my school business. I was also able to get into my classroom and poke around in there for a spell. I also did quite a bit of unpacking and am working on rearranging the living room. Today was a pretty boring day by any standards... I tried a new meal at the food stand if that counts for anything. Tonight I had Chinese cabbage with crispy pork. It is definitely a meal that will be in my rotation. I also bought my first popsicle after lunch... The fruit popsicles are my absolute favorites!

Amy tried to teach me "bathroom" today but it didn't quite stick. She also showed me where to empty my garbage, so I kinda failed on that regard as well. But she offered to show me the trash room-- I didn't ask, so I'm not taking full responsibility for not finding it on my own. #Badexcuse #Iknow

Tomorrow Amy and I are going to hit up the mall for a few more household supplies and then grab dinner out. Other than feeling sleepy, I don't really feel like life has been too difficult so far. Come back and talk to me in three weeks, though, when I realize I'm actually here to stay and not just on vacation!

And in case you aren't familiar with the eating habits of a hobbit, I leave you with the following. I definitely ate a breakfast, a second breakfast, and observed elevensies before I met Amy for lunch. It's tough getting up so early... I don't recommend it. #Iatepotatochipsforfirstbreakfast #Andsecondbreakfast #Iatefruitforelevensiesthough

RELATED POSTS

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer