My Summer by the Numbers, Final Update

published on

Since today is the unofficial end to summer in the States (aka Labor Day weekend), I figured now would be as good of time as any to do a final update on my "Top 10 List for Summer 2014!" I mean, my summer has been over for a month now, but I was still living off the American summer. Our midterm grade reports are due this week. We are already 1/8 done with the school year! Now that the American summer is over, I need to stop living on borrowed time. Here it goes!

1. Read The Divergent trilogy. I loved the first book. The second book was okay. 
    The third book was brutal. Consider yourself warned. 

2. Finish the remainder of my grad school class work. Done! I am currently
    working on my thesis proposal and one other class for my speech endorsement
    but as far as classes for my M.S. go, I am all ready to go!

3. Read Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. I looked at my book a couple
    of times if that counts for anything.

4. Visit Medora on our family's 17th annual summer excursion. Complete! As is
    my usual, I didn't take as many pictures as I meant to, but I did remember to
    take a couple. Medora is one of my favorite places. All I need is 24 hours in the 
    little town before I feel like my summer has been made.

5. Read Khaled Hosseini's And the Mountains Echoed. Finito! I didn't enjoy this 
    book nearly as much as the other two, but I still think Hosseini is a master
    storyteller. 

6. Sew my sister's T-shirt quilt. I'll, uhh, just have to bundle her high school and
    college quilts together.

7. Read Harry Wong's First Days of School. I think I will just add this to next 
    summer's reading list.

8. Finish my own jean quilt from high school. I'll just go for the trifecta next 
    summer when I finish #6.

9. Clean, organize, and purge my current belongings. I'm not sure I'll ever get to
    the point of feeling purged enough, but I made a very solid start this summer. I
    will continue to look at my belongings and make changes to what I need at 
    various points in life, but I'm feeling okay with where I am at this point.

10. Watch the entire series of "Boy Meets World" with my sister. She finished,
      but I didn't. I did get caught up on Grey's if that counts for anything. #Itdoesn't 

Clearly I didn't accomplish everything I included on my list, but I'm okay with that. I feel like I packed quite a bit into my six weeks of summer I had this year and I enjoyed every minute I spent with other people. I also moved halfway across the world and started a new job if that counts for anything too. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I'll leave the jury out on that one.


Clearly
RELATED POSTS
KellyE said...

I love reading your posts. :) I definitely can relate to most of these! #maybenotthespecifics

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer