I Don't Get It

published on

One of my co-workers lost his brother in a car wreck yesterday.

His situation sounds eerily similar to what my dad went through a couple of years ago.

Why did my dad get to live and my co-worker's brother not?

In talking with my co-worker, his stories and mine are very similar. But where he has suffered loss, I was blessed with gain.

I've had a decent bout of survivor's guilt today.

I will never understand it all but I know that I am thankful for what I have been given. I don't understand why God has chosen to give me what He has but has taken the same from others.

I love my dad and told him as much today.

Today as I laid hands on a friend in his time of loss, I praised God for my gain. Maybe it was selfish of me, but I just couldn't help it.

I don't get it and I never will. But regardless, the name of the Lord shall be praised.



This picture was taken two days after dad came home from rehab. I remember I was in such a bad mood this evening. It was Christmas Eve 2011 and I just wasn't having it. I wasn't excited to go to church, I wasn't liking my hair, I'm wearing my fat pants, and I really didn't get going on life that day because I wore my glasses all day. I completely missed out on the blessing of the day. It is now one of my favorite pictures ever.
RELATED POSTS
KellyE said...

This made me tear up just seeing and remembering. Such a wonderful family! xoxo

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer