If You Can Read This, I'm Not in Last Place

published on

So the title of this post doesn't really have anything to do with anything. I was actually trying to look for some sort of clever quote or quip about hydration, but apparently hydration humor isn't the most common... Who'd have thought? However, it's rarely nice to come in last, so I figure they are good words to live by, nonetheless. I do know one water joke, but I'm not going to share it because it's also a chemistry joke and I'd just like to continue hiding my nerdy side for as long as possible. 

ANYHOW... I've always been a big water drinker. When I am out to eat at a restaurant, it's not unusual for me to drink three glasses of water with my meal. If the server isn't on top of things, I'll often finish of my mom's glass as well... A server at one of the restaurants we frequented in college knew my group of friends well enough that he would often bring me two glasses of water right off the bat. Since embarking upon my boot camp endeavors and generally working to be more healthy this year, I have been trying to drink a gallon of water each day. 

I thought I drank a lot of water before, but this gallon business is not for the faint of heart. I have my trusty ol' Camelbak that is by my side most every day and, according to my math, I need to drink just over five of him each day to meet my gallon goal. So far today, I have drank 48 of my daily 128 ounces of water. It's getting easier to put this much water down now that my body has started to make use of it and doesn't just want to get rid of it right away. 

My body has been pretty slow to recover from workouts and I don't doubt that it's mostly due to dehydration and poor nutrition. My goal this week is to get my hydration on track and then really hit the nutrition hard next week!


Fit + Fab
RELATED POSTS
KellyE said...

You can do it! Keep it up!

PS. I miss those meals from college.

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer