Getting Back on the Proverbial Horse?

published on

Oh well hey there! This semester is off to a running start. I always swear I am going to budget my time more wisely and be more productive in my days, but then my usual habits take over and I find myself behind like usual. Blergh. Such is life. 

I went through a really tough week of getting only two or three workouts in because I had niether the time nor the energy to get anything more done. Then I finally dragged my butt into the gym on Thursday (I think?) and suffering through an eighteen minute run. It was only eighteen minutes (Day 3-2 of C25k, specifically) but it was terrible. However, I was proud of myself for getting back into the gym and winning the mental battle for myself on that one. Last night (Sunday) I went back into the gym and had an excellent 30 minute run. I was about dead by the end of it and was definitely ready to be done, but it felt good.

Tonight I was back at boot camp after I missed on Friday for coaching, but it was good to be back. I feel like I am finally making the switch in mindset to where I look forward to working out again. I was sore for about two and a half weeks straight, but my body has finally adjusted. Things are still far from easy and I honestly haven't seen the numbers move on the scale yet, but that's okay. Actually, the whole scale deal is a little discouraging, but I know my diet has been far from the best lately and I haven't been drinking enough water.

This week I want to be more conscious of what I choose to eat and that will not be the easiest because I have three away games this week. However, I have to start somewhere.

My goal is to run a full 3.1 miles with no walk breaks on January 31. I'm not worried about time or pace right now... I just want to make the mileage mark. I think I will be able to make it through those miles in the next 11 days and I'm looking forward to pushing myself to make the mark!



Fit + Fab
RELATED POSTS
KellyE said...

You can do it! We still need to do an accountability FaceTime at the gym...I haven't been in ages.

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer