Finals, Yo-yos, Planners, College, Books, Makeup, and Weekends

published on

Well I clearly missed "Five on Friday" this week so I'm moving on to "Seven on Sunday."

One. Well, this week sure got away from me. It was the last week of the semester at school so along with administering finals, student work that magically appeard from all over the place, parents and students alike all worked up as to why said finals and work weren't graded and in the book 3.8 minutes after submission, we've had practice all week, a four game quadruple-header on Thursday, a triple-header on Saturday, and I never really did sleep more than four hours a night.

Two. This week had also been one heck of a yo-yo week. Well, it wasn't been so much up as it had been crashes and then back to baseline. But thankfully there were enough good things in the week that the baseline was been frequent and attainable. 

Three. I have switched back to my beloved classic Franklin and my life feels so much better again. I tried to downsize planners this last semester and I just couldn't handle it so back to the big ol' binder we go and I am loving every minute of it!

Four. Between undergraduate credits required to earn a new edorsement and my graduate level courses this semester, I will be taking nine credits... While carrying on with life as normal. This is my last semester of structured class, though, so at least I have that light to come up on at the end of the tunnel. I'm looking forward to my classes this semester and I'm secretly all nerdy excited that one of my profs already posted the syllabus so I'm not too upset about getting classes underway on Monday.

Five. To date, I have really enjoyed all of Dan Brown's books (especially The Lost Symbol) and I have been super stoked to read Inferno since it came out last May. I even considred buying it while in Thailand on my break from reality this summer, but I just couldn't justify the $30 on a hardcover book that I knew I'd be able to check out from the library. I started the book once this fall and couldn't get into and I started it again about two weeks ago and I still can't get into it. I'm about halfway through it and I'm darned and determined to finish it just so I can say I've read it. I have one more Dan Brown book to read after Inferno and then I will have caught up on all of his books. 

Six. Not that I have ever been skilled at all in the area of makeup, but I have recently decided that I am going to learn to wear eyeliner. Easier said than done... Uffda. Does anybody have any tips or tricks for making eyeliner look more chic and less like I just lost a boxing match and/or an morphing into a raccoon?

Seven. I was definitely spoiled by my two and a half week Christmas vacation. This weekend is a typical two day weekend and I am far from ready to go back to work tomorrow. But only 18 more weeks of school... We can do this!
RELATED POSTS
KellyE said...

Yes we can! And hopefully a trip from yours truly will work out!

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer