I Didn't Mean to Celebrate April Fool's Day

published on

On Monday night, I had just told my mom how April Fool's Day is in my top three least favorite days of the year (Halloween is my #1 least favorite day and my #3 least favorite day is still TBD) because it's done so poorly so much of the time. My students think they have the best of jokes when they really don't and I just don't like the uncertainty of it all. #Funsuckerteacheralert I managed to pull my own little April Fool's joke this year, though, without even trying to.

The internet was being super slow and pokey at school yesterday morning and one of my junior girls called out in frustration. She asked what was wrong with the internet and I nonchalantly replied "Oh, Canada bought the internet yesterday."

She gave me a perplexed look and I continued on, "Yeah, the internet is pretty slow today because Canada is working to switch it over to Canadian servers."

The poor girl still had a really confused look on her face and was looking to her classmates for some help when another student yelled out "April Fool's!"

I ended up pulling a prank without even meaning to... And I was still pretty proud of myself at the day's end!
RELATED POSTS

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer