Freedom, Returns, Repairs, Television, and Hair

published on

In an effort to begin blogging more regularly, I am joining in on some Friday fun. Join in if you wish!

One. This is my last free weekend before inservice on Monday. Students will come a week from Tuesday. So far, I am not a fan of the year round schooling schedule. I did not go in to teaching for the paycheck, but I would be lying if I did not admit the twelve weeks of summer vacation were a huge perk. Can somebody please just pay me to be a housewife, husband optional? Thankyouverymuch. I am sure I will feel more ready when the students all come back but, until then, I'll just be over here mourning the loss of summer freedom.

Two. Coming back to Bangkok after five weeks in the States and one week at the beach as left me working like mad the last couple of days to restock my apartment, finish unpacking, and deep clean everything. I'd like to say it's just five weeks away that I'm recovering from but, again, let's be honest... I'm recovering from a lot more than just that.

Three. I came back to my apartment pretty much all fixed into tip-top shape, minus the shower drain which has been extra high maintenance. Except for my nonfunctioning internet which was really a genuine inconvenience virtually all year, I just had a bunch of little things that didn't work properly. But, my internet has been restored, my wall is fixed, and my stove fan works. #Firstworldproblems #Iknow

Four. Amy and I have spent the last two days binge watching Grey's. We have to get ready for this upcoming season, of course. Grey's Anatomy in a nasty habit, I know, but it's an 11 year investment. I can't back out now. 

Five. I am itching to chop my hair again. It'll be two years in September since I did it last, so it's about that time. I chop my hair every two years and I move every three. I'm consistent like that. I have too much hair for Thailand. I think the back of my neck will thank me.


RELATED POSTS
Angela said...

I also seem to stick to a hair cutting schedule (unintentionally) but I seem to grow it out, then cut it, then grow it out again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer