12|| Many Summers in Medora

published on

Tell us about a favorite tradition. It could be a family tradition or from a holiday, university, you-name-it. What makes it so special?

My favorite family tradition is our annual getaway to Medora, ND. I know my mom knows the exact number of years we have gone but I have recently lost count. I know we have gone (at least!) eighteen summers in a row.


I still remember the moment mom and dad told us we we're going to Medora for the first time. I'm pretty sure it was the summer before I went into fourth grade. The picture above is from one of those first summer we went. I still remember the shirt I was wearing. I also had another one in the same pattern, but it was in shades of greens and purples. My habit of buying the same shirt in every available color started at a young age. #Sorrynotsorry


We have done most everything Medora has to offer throughout the years. I am in my third-ish year of college and my sister and I ran the Bully Run that morning. I enjoy walking around to the various shops and just being there. Things move a little slower in Medora and I don't mind one bit.


Another evening at the Burning Hills Amphitheater. I wish I had a better view of the scenery. And the sky. Dear heavens-- the stars are just amazing.



When we first started going to Medora, they had a shooting gallery. A couple of years into our summer sojourns, the shooting gallery closed and our hearts were broken. But just a couple of years ago, the shooting gallery appeared again and you can bet your bottom dollar #Punintended that it is again one of our most anticipated stops. I'd also like to point out that these two shooting gallery pictures are from two different years, three years apart. I am just wearing a purple shirt both years. See my above comment about buying the same shirt in different colors? I also buy the same colors over and over again. #IknowwhatIlike



As our family has grown in size, more people have joined us on our summerly adventure. Sometimes we go for a weekend, sometimes for just a couple of hours, but the popcorn and musical remain the same. It's the people and the memories that count.

Brave Love Blog

RELATED POSTS
KellyE said...

Uhm...so, I notice you don't have your arm around anyone in one of those photos. Can I join next time and be your +1?

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer