3|| When I Grow Up I Want to Be...

published on

"When I grow up I want to be...." Feel free to answer as your 5-year-old self or as of now.

... a nurse. I remember that being on the growth chart from when I was little and I truly do remember wanting to be a nurse when I was quite young.

As I got older, I went through a physical therapy/athletic training phase and then landed on child psychology. Once I started college, I went through quite the list of majors: music therapy/psychology, educational psychology, math education, social work, elementary/middle level education, and, finally, English education.

All I have really wanted to do is help people. Right now, I just so happen to be in a school.

What do I want to be when I grow up as of now? I'm not sure.

I don't think I will be a career teacher. I'm forever researching and dreaming. Maybe nursing school. Maybe law school. Maybe finance. Maybe formal ministry. Maybe homemaking and mothering. Maybe living in the mountains of Mexico making stew and knitting hats for orphans. Only time will tell.

All I know is, right now, I am sitting in the middle of God's will-- doing exactly what He created me to do at this very moment in time. And, truthfully, that's all I ever desire for my life. God has already shown a million times over that His ways are better than my ways and His plans for my life are better than any I have ever dreamed for myself.

When I grow up, I want to be serving in God's will-- whatever that is for that moment in time.

May your day be blessed.

Brave Love Blog

RELATED POSTS

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer