6|| Currently, I'm...

published on

A "currently..." post. Tell us what you're loving, hating, reading, eating, etc.

...reading A Heart Like His: Intimate Reflections on the Life of David by Beth Moore and any number of thesis-related books and materials. I'm in the market for some good fiction to just suck me in and give my brain a break from the other two, but I haven't found that yet. I'm a little mentally exhausted after finishing the train wreck that was Allegiant and am still working to recover.

...watching Private Practice albeit very inconsistently.

...trying to win an Ebay auction for a new phone or iPod. Mine is no longer in my possession as of last night which really bums me out because it has all of my pictures from my first seven weeks in Thailand. 

...eating nothing but definitely thinking that I am in need of a snack. I'm not going to make it until supper without one.

...pinning anything and everything. If it's for home, school, eating, sewing, knitting, or reading, I have probably pinned it in the last couple of weeks.

...tweeting not much of anything. I've been staying on top of my feed but haven't been doing much tweeting myself. I should really change that. You can stay on top of my lack of tweeting @bedosaygo.

...going to try a new church. I'm really looking for a way to get plugged into the city of Bangkok and it looks like tomorrow's church has some great opportunities!

...loving my Saturdays. Praise the Lord-- my last couple of Saturdays have been pretty darn productive! Today has been fairly productive as well... I just need to finish my thesis proposal before I go to work on Monday!

...discovering what living in a new city halfway around the world means! 

...enjoying the street market not too far from where I live. This morning, I bought about five pounds of various produce for 180B... A little more than $5 USD. I'm sure my vegetables would have cost at least $12 in the States!

...thinking about my thesis proposal that I need to get finished ASAP. It's going on a week late now and I need to get it finished! (Or started... I'll let you be the judge of the situation. I'm pleading the 5th.)

...feeling very grateful to be in Thailand but still missing home. Fall is my favorite season and a North Dakota fall just doesn't compare. I'm missing high school football and my choppers and thinking about pheasant hunting and the smell of the air as it loses its summer heat and moves to the fall cool.

...hoping that I focus enough to get my paper finished tonight so I can edit it and send it off tomorrow!

...listening to Christmas music. I've already listened to Barry Manilow twice and have now moved on to Mannheim Steamroller. I will be home for Christmas and I think I feel a little less homesick when I envision the December days to come.

...thanking God for the life He has given me. It's not anything like I envisioned for myself but it is so much greater than anything I envisioned for myself!

...starting to feel like I might be hitting a little bit of a groove with this school year. I say that very tentatively, but after a very difficult last two weeks, I'm feeling ever so slightly more comfortable in my new teaching role.


Brave Love Blog
RELATED POSTS
Rachel said...

Attending a local church is definitely a great way to start getting plugged into a new community abroad!

KellyE said...

Ooh! I love this. Maybe I can join in the fun! Wanna be my guest poster for that day?

Aubrey said...

I'd love to, Kelly!

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer