14|| Blogging Because Everybody Else Did

published on

When did you start blogging and why?

Blogging really is a curious practice if you stop and think about it. Whoever decided it would be a good idea to start writing whatever came to his or her mind at that moment and then share it with the world? I remember many a television show from my youth that was centered around a girl hiding her diary in the perfect place, out of the reach of the pesky younger sibling, lest the older sister's secrets be divulged.

(via)

Now, that same older sister may be sharing her secrets with the internet, all in the name of authenticity and transparency.

I'm not knocking the practice. I partake in the practice myself. I just find the whole thing a little baffling.

I started blogging because everybody else was doing it. Seriously. For somebody who tries to make her own way in the world, I totally succumbed to this trend. I've messed around with blogging for the last five years or so, but I have only recently decided to really make a go of it. I'm not saying I am any good at it yet (or that I will ever be), but I am enjoying what I'm doing and that's good enough for me. I never was good at keeping a diary when I was little, so I enjoy having this space to look back on. Maybe it will only ever be for myself, but maybe it will be something for my family someday. My prayer for this blog is that it points others to Christ and is a tool for sharing my faith. Anything else that may or may not happen along the way is just a bonus in the journey.

Brave Love Blog

RELATED POSTS
Lizelle said...

Lovely post, way to put into perspective and consider sociological evaluation of blogging, so to speak lol

It was a very interesting read!

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer