30||Coffee (and Bars) Before We Part

published on

A farewell coffee date. Take some time to breath, sip a warm drink, and share with your new blogging buddies. If you'd like a prompt: how did the Blog-tember Challenge go for you? Any surprises? What was your favorite prompt, or what would you like to see included next time?

Since I am from the Midwest, I would like to offer you both coffee and bars. I didn't know "bars" were a Midwest thing until I moved away. Since it's still quite warm over here in Thailand, I'll be enjoying an iced Americano, but I won't judge you for your PSL if that's what your heart desires.

I am just going to be up front, I can't believe I actually finished all 30 days of the Blog-tember Challenge! This at least the third, although I really think it's the fourth, month-long blogging challenge that I have started, but it's the first one that I actually ever finished. (Heck, I'm still working on finishing last year's Blog-Tember challenge. Ahem.) Some posts from the last month are definitely stronger than others, but I wrote 30 posts in 30 days and I'm pretty happy about that. I'm really hoping to be able to continue through "31 Days of Thailand" as part of the 31 Days writing challenge and then follow through with a consistent blogging pattern after that.

My favorite prompt was probably sharing my passion as I truly learned something about myself. Perhaps a post to see next year would be to explain how our individual names came to be since we explained blog names this year. Just a thought. Regardless, I know I will be on the lookout for Blog-Tember in 2016!

And, because bars are apparently a North Dakota thing, I will leave you with my favorite banana bars recipe. It's actually my mom's recipe and I'm pretty sure she got it out of one of her "Taste of Home" recipes from forever ago. I'm not even kidding... I think she has 11 years worth of magazines? I just won't admit to fighting her for reading them first because I enjoyed them almost as much as she did. But, anyhow, these banana bars will be good with coffee of any sort, hot or cold, and probably even with a PSL because I think they are just that good. These may be mom's most requested pot luck recipe and that's saying a lot because mom's food is in high demand in most any social situation. I suppose I should be giving you a pumpkin recipe seeing as it is fall and all, but I live in the tropics so banana it is! I am grateful to have learned to cook and bake from the best and I know my friends are grateful as well... Ha! So, because I want to share some North Dakota love with you, I bring you now Dorine's banana bars.

1/2 cup butter, softened                        2 cups flour                                    3 T. butter, melted
1-1/2 cups sugar                                   1 tsp. baking soda                          2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream                       1 cup bananas, mashed
1 tsp. vanilla                                          3/4 cup (6 oz.) cream cheese, softened

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Gradually add flour and baking soda to creamed mixture. Mix in bananas. Spread into a greased 15x10-in. jelly roll sized pan. Bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Cool. Beat together cream cheese and melted butter. Gradually add enough powered sugar to achieve desired frosting consistency. Frost bars and store in refrigerator. Makes 2 dozen.

I would include a picture of a batch I made myself but I'm moving this week(end) and don't want to have to move more than I already have in my possession. So, I suppose that just means I will have to make a batch later to photograph. The sacrifices I am willing to make, all for the blog, of course!

Thank you for joining me this month! I have enjoyed myself and I hope you have too!



Brave Love Blog
RELATED POSTS
Unknown said...

I will try this recipe, sounds very yummy!

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer