6||Share Your Style

published on

Share your style. What fashion trends do you love, frequent, or avoid?

Based on yesterday's musical selection, you may not believe that I actually consider myself a classy-ish sort of lady. I value comfort and class, and in that order, to be completely honest. If I'm at home, odds are I'm in workout clothes (hoodies and running shorts are my jam), but I do like to get dressed up when necessary. I appreciate the business casual aspect of my job. Some days, my only confidence over my students is that I'm better dressed than they are. 



In the States, I would often be mistaken for a student which always blew my mind because I have always been intentional to outdress them, especially in formal situations... Like Capitol Hill in DC. Where, you know, I saw important people like John McCain. And STILL got mistaken for a student and had to show my driver's license to get chaperone clearance with my student group.


Anyhow. 

I love a well-fitting pant. I also love a good dress. I am working to switch over my wardrobe to high quality pieces but even my higher quality is relative. My three favorite places to shop are The Loft, JC Penny's, and Gap with a side of Target and Old Navy thrown in. So, you can see, even my high quality endeavors are still on a budget. 

I also have a shoe habit that I'm working to break. Really, I am trying to embrace quality over quantity but I still have enough shoes to last me for awhile. I just wore out a pair of flats and I still can't bring myself to throw them away. They are just too cute and versatile and I can't find a replacement pair anywhere! But due to my last six-ish years of shoe buying, I'm good to go for awhile.


Since moving overseas, I've been working to establish a capsule wardrobe. I think I'm finally there, I just need to sort out my clothes and make it happen. Being a business professional in a tropical climate is not the easiest, especially when I cannot buy clothes on the general market, so I am trying to be as intentional as possible with what I have and what I wear. I like classic pieces that are versatil across seasons. I'm not much of an accessorizer past earrings (thanks, mom!) but I do indulge in earrings as well!

At the end of the day, I aim to be comfy and classy in a way that is modest but reflects my personality as well! All of the pins in this post today are ones I used to inspiration in my own dressing. Some of my Pinterest board actually exists and some of it is just dreams. Especially the purses. The purses are all dreams. Shoes before purses after all.
RELATED POSTS
Unknown said...

Very classy! I love it. I'm going to attempt a capsule wardrobe sometime in 2016... It's just making the time to go through everything! I love the idea.

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer