23||This Post Brought to You By...

published on

Grab a guest post. Recruit a friend or fellow blogger to share on your space for the day.

Kelly and I are switching places for the day. Kelly and I are dear friends from college and fellow English teachers except that we were always far enough apart that I don't think we took but two or three classes together in our years at UND. We have decided to answer the same set of questions for each other today and then we'll give the real answers tomorrow when we talk about other blogs we like to frequent. With that being said, I leave you with Kelly and her take on how we became friends and other such things!


How did we meet? Aubrey and I first met at an Intervarsity Christmas party back in 2009. I would’ve been in my second year of college and Aubrey would’ve been in her fourth? *feel free to add in your comments, Aubrey*



How old is Aubrey/Kelly? When is her birthday? Aubrey is in her 20s and she doesn’t like to tell her real age. But...she’s currently closer to 30 than she’d like. So she’s basically dead. One year I forgot if her birthday was on Valentine’s Day or not...so I sent her flowers...for both, just to make sure I covered my bases. But her birthday is February 15. But her sister ruined it by being born the day after and she’ll never forgive her for it. And last year I forgot if Brooke was born before or after Aubrey...so I wished Brooke a Happy Birthday two days early! Sorry, I forgot...this isn’t about Brooke. Aubrey...back to you!

Where does she currently live? Aubrey is living in school apartments in BKK, but she is waiting on her keys for her new apartment downtown. And it looks super cute!

What is her favorite shoe size? Aubrey wears a size 10. Sometimes 9 ½. Okay...I’m not 100% on this, but I think I’m close?

What is her favorite color? My guess is purple, but that’s because I don’t know so I figured I’d just pick my favorite color as a shot in the dark.

What is her favorite book? So I can’t pick one. Because ultimately Aubrey’s favorite is The Bible. But I know she loves Crazy Love by Francis Chan and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. What English teacher doesn’t like TKAM??  And are you a real English teacher if you don’t?

What is her favorite (non-alcoholic) drink? Aubrey will take a double iced Americano, straight up.

What is her favorite cosmetic item? Her EOS chapstick. I think I bought her this one for her care package last spring.

What is her favorite TV show? She’s a huge fan of Grey’s Anatomy and The Big Bang Theory. I know it’s weird, but those are two that I watch too.

What is her favorite dessert? Pie. If you’re helping her plan her future wedding, make sure to suggest pie instead of wedding cake...she’ll love you forever.

What was her high school mascot? The Tigers. Did the Christian school have a mascot? Idk. All I know about is Trenton.

What is her favorite restaurant? I’m going to go with Applebee’s or The Parrot’s Cay, because I don’t know the names of any restaurants she frequents in BKK.

What is her favorite movie? Well, that depends on the movie of choice for any given day. I’d have to say She’s the Man or He’s Just Not That Into You or maybe even The Proposal.

Who is her celebrity crush? Ryan Reynolds? Channing Tatum? Liam Hemsworth? Chris Hemsworth? Ohh...but I do know that she loves Jesse Williams’ eyes. So there’s that.

What was her first job? Aubrey’s first job was working for a conservation center? Yeah. I don’t know if that was her first job or if that’s even what it was called. All I know is that she has a fleece zip up from there and when she was in ND, she’d wear it often.

What is her dream job? Aubrey’s dream job is to be a momma, a wife, and a teacher to teacher candidates. All at the same time. She’d even take being a professional student--without all of the debt associated with it.

What is her favorite season? What’s her favorite thing about that season? Aubrey’s favorite season has to be fall. Even though she lives in Thailand right now, she’ll always have a soft spot for jeans, a good flannel, a toasty bonfire, and watching a High School football game under those Friday Night Lights.

What are Kelly & Aubrey most likely to do on a night together? We would probably start our night off with some HApps (aka, Half Apps at Applebee’s) because, why not? We both usually have an order of wings or a giant plate of nachos. Sometimes we share, but not frequently. We would drive to the Loaf ‘n’ Jug on University Ave to mix and buy the largest Icee we can get. The trip to Loaf ‘n’ Jug would be followed by an hour-ish in the car listening to worship music and sharing what’s on our hearts. We would drive through certain parts of the community and dream about living there with our families one day. Once we return to my residence, we would grab as many blankets as we have available, make some popcorn, and fall asleep to a movie (Pitch Perfect, She’s the Man, Dirty Dancing (Aubrey first exposed-poor word choice-me to the movie Dirty Dancing...can I put parenthesis within parenthesis? Well...I did.), The Proposal, or He’s Just Not That Into You, being at the top of our lists...although we wouldn’t normally turn down a Disney movie either).

What keeps us being friends? Aside from coffee and the same taste in movies, I’d have to say our consistent communication and our faith. We both love and serve the same God and He has placed us in the life of the other for a reason. In the years I’ve known Aubrey, she has become a dear person to me. We have laughed and cried together and we know what is on the other’s heart. I wouldn’t change that for anything. My husband even jokes that Aubrey must live at least a 15 minute’s drive away from us once she moves back to the states. I’m hoping for more of a 15 second commute. We’ll see.

What is your favorite memory with Aubrey/Kelly? Aubrey and I have so many memories together. It’s hard to choose a favorite. We had an fun interesting rollerblading excursion once. Key word: once. We’ve had some epic road trips. She used to play My Heart Will Go On on her recorder, lying on her stomach, in the middle of my living room….at 11:15 at night. But one memory that I will always treasure is the way she has invested in my life by being one of my best friends throughout the last *almost* six years. And for that very reason, I asked her to be my maid of honor in my wedding. *Don’t worry...my sister was my maid of honor too…* I’m so thankful that she agreed to stand up and support me in my marriage.



Brave Love Blog
RELATED POSTS

Popular Posts

Second Big Footer